Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage
After you enroll in original Medicare, you will have a lot of decisions to make about your Medicare insurance. Should you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan or sign up for a Medicare Supplement Plan. The chart above shows Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage. This article will list some of the differences between Original Medicare insurance vs Medicare Advantage. This will help you decide which is right for you.
Questions to Ask.
Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage:
- Do your doctors accept Medicare Advantage plans?
- In addition, which plans do your doctors take? Your costs will be lower if they are in network.
- Check the plans’ costs in the Summary of Benefits.
- What is the maximum you can spend in an Medicare Advantage plan in one year?
- After you reach your maximum annual out of pocket, you can’t spend any more.
- Original Medicare has no cap on what you can spend on health care in 1 year.
- Are your medications covered in the Medicare Advantage plan’s formulary?
- Does the Medicare Advantage plan have a monthly premium or deductible?
- What are your drugs costs?
- Also, in Original Medicare, you will need to enroll in a separate drug plan.
- Do you travel or have a home out of the area? If yes, you may be out of network in a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Original Medicare will allow you to see Medicare providers anywhere in the U.S.
- What would a Medicare Supplement plan cost in monthly premiums?
- If you enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan, you will need a separate drug plan. What are the costs for a separate drug plan?
There are many benefits to Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage plans. Review the costs of Medicare Advantage Plans, to see if they will save you money.
If you are new to Medicare, or want to review your current plan, I can help you review the plans in your area. It will be easy then to decide between Orignal Medicare vs Medicare Advantage.
The Annual Enrollment Period is October 15-December 7.
For more information on Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage